Friday, March 25, 2011

and more primer...

yesterday afternoon I had 2 hours free... so I got busy with some more sanding and primer...



Painted and polished my front bumper and valence(finished meshing the holes).....



rear done...finishing the sanding on the shaved moldings..



...



Getting there...



Also got to finish the sideskirts...no more fake ferrari



DARK VADER!!! LOL... full suit and mask is a MUST!!



To those curious about with what paint am going to use... since my budget is very very limited and I want to keep this car rust free and protected with no more winters (4-5 years) until I get enough money and time to get a proper Epoxy primer/2 stage paint.

For now I'm going to use good old Acrylic Enamel /Tremclad Gloss black just like the famous mopar roll on paint : http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1 and cars back in the day.

Difference with what am doing is before I start the roll on method ...Im spraying enamel primer and spraying enamel paint for the first few coats..wetsanding..then going with a mix of enamel and mineral spirit just like I did my hood, trunk and sunroof which turned out really good... considering the money I spend is half of what I would of paid in just the taxes on a 3-4000$ pro paint job ..the paint is not perfect but who can argue the bang for the buck :)


Still have to finish my back bumper...Paint day is coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment