Thursday, April 29, 2010

Floor pans..DONE!

Should be rust proofed for a few years until I do a FULL restoration

Today I finished the floor pans.

* First sanded and cleaned with mineral spirit then SEAM SEALED
1. Rust converter 2 coats
2. Zinc primed
3. Tremclad Pro gloss black

All done

Next will be replacing bumpers!! with plastic ones..

Then Next in line Change the dash, fabric paint interior pieces and reinstall
Will also charge the batterie so I can start trouble shooting the starting problem the ex owner had (didnt get any spark)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First paint....

Today I finished painting the trunk (gloss black) Tremclad pro rust paint.

*before starting I made sure to use Rust converter on rust spots with a wire brush

1. Sanded down with 220 grit
2. Cleaned it all up with mineral spirit
3. Sprayed down ZINC rich primer
4. Let it dry all night

5. today 2 coats of the tremclad pro rust paint

I think it looks pretty good.

Now am moving in to finish the pans...

Monday, April 26, 2010

First primer layed down...

primer applied...:) finally after 50 pounds of tar removal...

Well today I finished removing the last pieces of tar in the trunk....cleaned it up with mineral spirit...then used rust converter on some rusted area's....then sanded down with 220 grid to held adhesions of the primer...then cleaned up again with mineral spirit...then primed with a good ZINC based primer for maximum rust/corrosion prevention....

tomorow I will paint with the very underated tremclad rust paint (Gloss black) seing am only doing a fast rust removal/restoration this should be good for a few years before I do a full restoration.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

More tar removed...

a good 25 pounds of tar taken from the trunk..

I removed more tar today..
I also removed the battery since its dead..

The trunk will soon be ready for a rust converter and a Good rust encapsulator/ primer so I can topcoat with a nice gloss black paint.

Then I will finish the front and rear floors pan and attack the rear seat..

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

more scrubing...

More scrubing removing rust

Also moved the old 14" basquetweavers to the new shell while I had to remove the brake calipers as all 4 wheels where seazed solid after being immobile for over 1 year..

The parts car will soon be ready to leave for scrap metal just need to remove the LSD diff and some small parts here and there. I need the room in my garage to work on the new shell..

Monday, April 19, 2010


After a bit of clean up and removing all the water from the sunroof... amazing floors am so happy finally a good car to work with

Well I lucked out I found another Shell in great condition for a good deal from a great Ukrainian guy thanks Andriy

He gave me some very nice extras...nothing works...but damn good shell.

First thing is first Carpets removal and seats....

Thursday, April 8, 2010

DAY 13 ENOUGH is ENOUGH this shell "RUSTY" is going to the scrap!!

THAT'S it this car is GARBAGE!! I'm removing a few last things and its gone to the Scrap yard!!
Everything is rusted Rotted out its just not safe to even fix.... what a waste

Bye bye RUSTY!!

more fiberglass...front fenders work in progress...